I am sure you have all heard the term "Garbage Disposal" as it applies to eating...it usually is the father (as it is in my case). It refers to the person who, after everyone else is done eating, feels the need to "clean up" all of their left-overs, "finish off" that last piece of pizza, and scrape the jello bowel! Well, it is time to dispose of the disposal! (By the way - that does not mean get rid of the person!) I was eating pizza for lunch today (I know...not exactly the kind of food you choose if you are trying to loss weight...but I know I am going to eat it occasionally so I might as well learn to eat it in moderation now rather than diet, lose weight, and then gain it all back when I start eating normal stuff again!). Anyway, after I had my predetermined 2 slices and drank my full glass of water, I was about to grab Kayley's crust (she always leaves the crust...and I like it!) and I had this epiphany...I don't have to be the family's garbage disposal.
I realize that there are starving children in Africa and all that but me eating Kayley's crust really isn't going to help that situation, and passing it by certain may help me control my calorie intake! I know, it sounds like one of those epiphanies that someone has and then feels the need to share in testimony meeting for some reason, but none the less I stopped myself and left her crust behind me (and I am not planning on working this into a Sunday school lesson or anything).
I am hoping if I can control my disposal habits, it will shave several hundred calories off my daily diet.
Disconnect your disposal and good luck!
Mark
No comments:
Post a Comment