Sunday, January 11, 2009

Holimonth...and Some Firsts

OK, not quite a holimonth, but definitely a holitwoweeks (nice new word, huh?). It started out alright being down 2.5 lbs., then two weeks of homemade sweets and wonderful meals put me up 8 lbs. (yeah, 8, I know that's bad, however, I heard the average holiday gain is around 15). Then a good 1.5 weeks and I lost 6.5, so at least I get to report a loss of 1 for the month, putting me at 18. Just think if I could've had more will power and avoided all that homemade fudge and toffee. Oh, well, maybe I'll try harder next year. Then again, I doubt it, I thoroughly enjoy my holiday treats.

On a better note, I have a few firsts to report, maybe just to boost my own spirits. This is the first time I have ever lost more than 20 lbs.(31)in one diet. (I'm now counting from last January, not the Wardle challenge). Second, it is the first time that I have dieted and kept it off (or at least got it off again quickly) instead of gaining my loss back plus 5 or 10 more. It is also the first time I have kept at a diet for a whole year instead of a month or two. I have a long way to go, but hopefully I can stick to it and be where I need to be in a couple of years.

Troy also enjoyed the holiday sweets and delicious meals. He says he tipped the scales at a whopping 240, a personal high. However, it came back off quickly and he is back to 235. Because he hasn't been good at reporting and he started at 236, that is actually a gain, putting him at only one pound down. He said he would like to share a scripture with you. It's 1 Timothy 4:8 which states, " For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things."

No comments: