Okay, here goes, my second blog. I am going to get the hang of this and try harder to do it more often. I still LOVE reading all of YOURS, especially Mark's, with his "broken scales" and "less wear on the carpet"comments. Anyway, the last couple weeks have been busy, a little TOO busy, but I can't use that as an excuse since Roy still finds the time to exercise anyway. (However, 5:30 am is honestly just a little too early for me.) Last week my friend and I put up over 120 quarts of applesauce and still have apples coming out our ears. I wish I had a food drier. Roy and I have finally got the neighbors on board to build the fences (we almost have the posts in). That is some good exercise I must say. Between the 2-man post hole digger, our hand-held one, lifting, bending and moving all the posts, neither one of us could move much the next day. David had his birthday party on Friday night and his "Salmon" cake is gone finally. I am not much of a cake person (unless it's Mom's strawberry shortcake) but I agree with Mark, it's just nice not to have it around. I didn't get much "scheduled" exercise in but still lost a pound yeah! I think that was really due to the lack of time to actually sit down to eat. Whatever - it worked.
The really good news is our better "Tracking" now. Our scale was well, let's just say not that exact. Either that or the little lines on it by our feet were soooo small we had a hard time reading them. Anyway, we have been trying to find a better one at a garage sale or something but Roy actually found one in another city he was in at a GoodWill place. (Everybody probably knows that roaming these places is really what my husband LOVES to do while eating his lunch.) Anyway, at $9.99 it was like Christmas morning for both of us. The only down side is we had to rearrange the bathroom because it is a little large but who cares - it's GREAT! It's that dreaded tall scale you have to stand on at the doc's office that can check you height and weight right down to the quarter pound. The one that you have to move over the weights as you gain OR slide it back down as you lose - oh yeah - that's what were going for. We'll let you know - see you next week.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the post Saunya! Cool Scale!
Love to hear your comments. I'm waiting for Mark to play raquetball and got up at 5:45 am. I think he forgot to set his alarm. He hasn't picked up his phone either.
I think we have a new convert to DI browsing. Derek and I went to DI to find a glass plate for the microwave. They want $60 for on on the internet. Derek said he is coming here when he gets his first house. He couldn't believe all the treasures. Talk to you later.
Love Troy
In my defense...I was NOT sleeping when Troy called for Raquetball...I was actually in the middle of a crash Ceserean Section.
It was kind of funny actually, I was in the middle of suturing the uterus and off goes my text page:
"There's my brother calling to see if I'll pick him up for raquetball".
A few minutes later:
"There's my brother again, texting to tell me he is outside my house".
Later still:
"Opps. Now he is calling to see if I am still sleeping".
And finally:
"And there's the voicemail he's leaving calling me a punk for sleeping in!"
Post a Comment